Monday, May 16, 2011

My little Heaven

I'm still spending 20 hours a day caring for my Parents.  Dad is recovering well and I hope to be back home soon. I haven't been able to craft or post pictures so I thougth I would share some pictures of my porch.
Yesterday I took Mom and Dad with me, so I could have my normal Sunday at home which includes my whole family for dinner, and catching up.
When I arrived, I found that my Husband and youngest Daughter were cleaning up the porch.  It's my favorite place on earth.  I always look forward to Spring and porch sitting time.
The tree pollen has been horrible, so it just got a light cleaning.  Once the pollen is finished, the power washer comes out for a serious cleaning, along with some decorating.
Here are some picutres of my "Heaven".

I call this the dining room.  We eat every meal there weather permitting.  The vintage kitchen table is my favorite. I love the design at each end.  The black ice cream parlor chairs are new.  I found the cabinet at a yard sale.




The other end is the so called living room.  The chairs are my favorite.  They along with the two tables were my Husbands Grandparents, bought in 1930. 
Thanks for looking at my little piece of Heaven. Come sit a spell!

12 comments:

  1. Well, that's what I call heaven, for sure...you LUCKY girl!!! It's beautiful, Pat...and I love that they spruced it up FOR you this year. Glad to hear your Dad and Mom are doing ok...and that you're still hanging in there. Much love to you, my friend - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a little piece of Heaven! Not only a great place to be, but the view is beautiful! I long for the days when the weather is good to sit and use the front deck. We love to eat outside and just be outside as much as possible.

    Our front deck gets too hot because the heat gets trapped in it (we have no trees. It is not designed as a traditional deck... plus the landlord covered the old slat flooring boards with plywood, and painted it dark brown, what was he thinking? lol.) Our back deck is smaller and stays cool, it gets no sun. So in cooler weather we use the front and in hot weather we use the back. I really wish there were a happy medium!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Pat,
    It sure looks like what I would like heaven to be. I am sorry to read of your Dad's health and hope he recovers very soon.
    Your porch is gorgeous. It must be wonderful to just sit with a cup of coffee and watch the wildlife that surrounds you.
    Thank God for husbands and daughters!
    Take care,
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch does look like heaven! I love your table! Hope your Dad starts to feel better soon! Take care of yourself too. :) Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending lots of love and hugs to you and your family. I am in love with your porch! It is what I have always dreamed of with a nice comfy couch out there too. Perfect.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I love your little piece of heaven..we want to enclose our back porch..and it would have similar qualities..love it...love that cabinet and love the chairs..hope you get to enjoy it.;) and thanks for sharing it with us..;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, I would love to come spend some time with you and piece of heaven. It looks so inviting, to sit and enjoy. Glad you got to spend Sunday with everyone. Take care girlfriend Hugs Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pat - I have to agree with everyone's post - it is absolutely heavenly! I would love to have a porch with a view like that. Take care and blessings to you and your loved ones.

    PatC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get back home to my porch. Coffee in the AM, and Dinner along with a glass of wine in the PM. It doesn't get any better.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pictures of heaven, what a wonderful screened in porch! I hope your dad is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I want a piece of that Heaven. And what a gift for you to have it cleaned up and ready for you. I'd be a blubbering fool...I'm glad you are back home now.. you have been through a lot and you deserve a break!!
    Hugs to you!!
    Joleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a beautiful porch! I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete


Followers